Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Changes to Emma Lauren Photography

Dear friends,
This blog post is one that has come of frustration and hopefully will make things easier to understand. 

I am a 22 year old photographer is New York City. I love what I do and I can't imagine doing anything else. I do all sorts of work from fashion editorials to events to headshots. This is my business and how I make my income. I know that I can offer quality work and have some of the best deals that are fair for me and my client.

For months, I have had people book dates to schedule shoots and then cancel the day before with no reschedule date in sight. Most recently, I had gotten to a shoot at the time agree upon only to have the client cancel and not pay because they were "too hungover to shoot. 
I love what I do, I love working with new and interesting people but I have to put my foot down at some point. 

From now on when you book a session with me you will be asked to put down a $100 down payment that will be refundable up to 48 hours before the shoot.
Simple right? It's something I honestly should have been doing way before but we live and we learn. 

Now there are small exceptions to the new cancellation policy such as weather but an email with all of the new details will be sent to you when you book with me. 

Honestly, I feel strange having to post this but I just need to make sure that it's said. 
As I said before I love what I do and I love working with new people and I hope to keep doing it! If you have any questions whatsoever please feel free to email me.
Lots and lots of love,
Emma 




No comments:

Post a Comment