Saturday, January 8, 2011

A change in my photography

A couple of days ago I began to think about what my work will mean in 20 years. I hope, of course, to create some sort of career for myself but what will my future family think? At 39 I think I will have children (no matter how terrifying of an idea that is to me now) and I want to be able to show them how my life was growing up. I want to show them the highs and the lows. The things that I saw, experienced and loved. When my children are teenagers and think I don't understand anything they are going through I want them to know I do. My mother's teenage years are a mystery to me and sometimes I believe it's why we have a hard time seeing eye to eye. The reason I got into photography in the first place was because I wanted to preserve memories forever. 

I feel as if I've lost that a bit. I've become more focused on working with beautiful girls and boys and creating a story. Now, there is nothing wrong with this goal but I want to be able to create a story for my future of my life. I will still work with models, actors and musicians but I will be focusing a little more on my friends, my lovers, my family, my days and myself. I just want something to remember these good times. 

I was also heavily inspired by two incredible photographers. They are both beautiful people and I can only hope one day I can create the way they do. Please see their work. They are the one who made me realize again that photography isn't all about models and fashion. 
Please, take a second to enjoy their creations.

I began to photograph the things around me. This is what I've done so far. You can like, you can dislike it but this is for me and my future. 




Absolutely more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment