Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day Three, Cab Ride

I took a cab home last night. Thousands of people do that everyday so I know this isn't a shocking statement. Personally, a late night cab ride back home is one of my favorite things about New York City. You get to reflect over the night, over your life, all while watching the lights of the big city flash by with the wind in your hair. Anytime I get on the FDR Drive I fall in love with the city all over again. It's really an overwhelming feeling. There are times where I find myself laughing at the cliche of a girl's love for the city that TV portrays. At the same time there are times I understand it. New York is beautiful.
Last night, I found myself on the west side highway listening to "Better times" by Beach House and I decided to snap a few shots of what I saw. These are just photos but of course everyone has to experience this on your own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment