Monday, March 17, 2014

Brynn Watkins

Last Tuesday New York City pulled it together and gave us one incredibly beautiful spring day. It had been such a long time since I had seen New Yorkers outside enjoying the weather, it was really lovely. I noticed so many photographers out and about taking advantage of the sun and the warmth. I was excited to take advantage of it as well and met up with fashion blogger Brynn Watkins of Beingelliott.com. We headed up to my friend Noah's roof and took in the sights and sounds of New York City. I love being able to enjoy rooftops when the weather is warm. I always feel closer to the city while getting to remove myself from the crowds. 

I asked Brynn some questions about blogging, fashion and life.

Beige sweater: vintage 



  
How long have you been blogging/what made you decide to start? 

I needed an outlet to put my creative juices into, and blogging seemed like the perfect solution. I started Being Elliott in late 2012 and I have loved every minute of it since. I love interacting with my viewers and interviewing designers and creative minds in the industry. I love hearing all of their stories. I feel like it furthers my own story in a rich, fulfilling way. My work with Being Elliott focuses on telling others about the amazing world of fashion and design out there. I want to give my readers inspiration and a smile everyday. I hope my viewers can sit back and read my blog when they are looking for an outlet for inspiration and self expression.



Navy mini dress: vintage


What has been the most fun thing to come out of blogging?

I love the community having a blog and being a blogger creates. Being Elliott has brought me together with so many talented individuals.  It's a wonderful experience to interview and collaborate with creative artists, from amazing clothing designers to skilled leather artisans, to accomplished furniture crafters.  I love developing friendships with these unique individuals.  Being Elliott has created a portal for interesting conversations and great friendships!   




White shirt: Ralph Lauren
Sunglasses: ZeroUV


Do you have favorite designers? Why them?

3.1 Phillip Lim. His style of minimalism and elegant line is easy to fall in love with. Tom Ford, for his use of the color red as a focal point. Oscar de la Renta, for bringing my every editorial fashion fantasy to life!



Long bright blue dress: vintage


Tell me something about you that not many people know. 

I am a HUGE Lord of the Rings and Star Wars fan. I have the whole movies memorized. They are the best.


1 comment: