Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Chad Lefkowitz-Brown


What has been the funniest gig you've ever played?
It was after that party that we threw at my house and I went and played that going away party for those rich upper east side girls, remember that one? I walked in from the back door of the apartment and I played "When the Saints Go Marching In" as a surprise for this girl who was moving to New Orleans.

It was just you playing right?
Yeah and I thought that was all I had to do for the gig so I did it and it was funny. I expected it to be a party of like 80 people but it was just it was just these 5 girls in their late 20's. So after I did that I thought I was done and I was ready to pack up but then they asked me to play solo saxophone in the corner for them while they ate dinner for like a half hour. That was probably the funniest gig I've ever played.

Was it really awkward just standing there playing while they ate?
Oh it was so awkward and it was just a few months into me living in New York so it was an interesting start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment