Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Spring dreams

The weather has finally been getting warmer and I've been trying to stay outside as much as I possibly can. I use to love Washington Heights in the Spring and Summer because of how vibrant the neighborhood would become. It seemed as if everyone had their windows open playing music that would remind me of what I would listen to on hot summer days with my dad. I'm so excited to see what my new neighborhood has to offer. I see it coming more and more alive which each nice day. It's nice to see people out and smiling. It's especially nice to see everyone's sense of style after seeing countless bubble coats, bulky scarves and hats this winter.

As much as I love my neighborhood it's nice to get away sometimes. This week, B and I decided to head up to visit my parents in Riverdale and enjoy my favorite park again. We sat by what my best friend and I use to call the Secret Garden when we were kids. The stairs are originally the entrance to the Van Cortland Mansion and now overlook the pool, the always changing sculptures and the garden that leads to the lake. I love sitting there and soaking up the sun.


B wears a vintage sweater
Pants from All Saints 
and shoes from Marc Jacobs (similar here)




I am wearing a Lucca Couture dress from Urban Outfitters 
Laid-Back Straw Boater Hat from Urban Outfitters 
Falling Feathers Tie-Back Headwrap from Urban Outfitters 
Sunglasses from ZeroUV
Ring is my great grandmother's
Bracelets are my mother's


No comments:

Post a Comment