Thursday, May 1, 2014

Be Mine, Bee-A-Porter

It's not secret that I'm a very big fan of Instagram. I love the idea of getting to share images with friends and even more than that, I love the idea of having a personal photo album in one app. Through Instagram I've made some lovely friends, connected with a lot of people I've been interested in shooting, and I've come across some amazing companies. One in particular is jewelry company Bee-A-Porter. I first started following them after seeing that they carried Meira-T pieces, which I fell in love with while seeing the fall preview a few weeks ago. Bee-A-Porter has a beautiful collection of earthy pieces from Meira-T, Michael Michaud, Nashelle, Tashi and their own Bee-A-Porter collection. 

It's hard to pick favorites but I've narrowed it down to two. I'm completely obsessed with this Tashi Yellow Vermeil Arrow Necklace


I love arrows. As a child I was obsessed with Greek mythology and always pretended to me Artemis who was usually pictured with the moon and a bow and arrow. I loved sitting up at night looking at the moon and pretending I used my bow and arrow to hunt and to be a badass. As I grew up, the arrow became less of a tribute to a rosy colored idea I had of a Greek goddess and more of a symbol for things to come. There is a saying I love which inspired the tattoo on my ribs. It's "An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backwards. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means it's going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming" 
I can just imagine wearing this simple piece with a pretty little black dress although it could really go with anything. This necklace makes a statement without being too loud and I love that. 


My other favorite is this hour glass necklace Bee-A-Porter posted on their instagram yesterday

I think hourglasses are just so pretty. We currently have this big beautiful one from Anthropologie in our apartment and it's hard not to completely zone out while watch the sand fall. The necklace falls perfectly while just a little longer than the Meira-T necklace above it. With my birthday coming up in a couple of months you can bet that this beautiful necklace is going to be on the top of my wishlist!


1 comment:

  1. I love the arrow and the meaning behind it!

    ReplyDelete